In this privacy statement we explain how we handle your personal data. We make clear which personal data we collect and for what purposes we use them. We also explain how you can view, change or delete your data. We think it is important that you are well aware of this and recommend that you read this statement carefully.
- Privacy statement FCInet.org
- Personal data and use of personal data
- Distribution to third parties
- Third party websites
- Profiling and cookies
- Protect and save
- In the event of a data breach
- Changes to this privacy statement
- Dutch Data Protection Authority
- Are you looking for more information about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
Privacy Statement FCInet.org
FCInet.org is the website of FCInet. FCInet handles your personal data with care. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the European privacy law, sets requirements for the way in which we process your personal data. We use personal data only for the purpose of this processing.
Through this website we inform you about FCInet and its purpose, we offer the possibility to share and discuss the developments about FCInet. In addition, we process sensitive information, or personal data. FCInet.org has no profit motive.
We believe it is very important that personal data are handled with care. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured by us. We thereby adhere to the requirements of privacy legislation. This means, for example, that we:
- State clearly for which purposes we process personal data. We do this when we request your personal data and through this privacy statement;
- Limit the collection of personal data to only the personal data that are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. If we request more than necessary, we will only do so with your explicit permission. In that case we will explain clearly why we request this additional information;
- First ask you for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- Do not pass on your data to third parties, unless this is necessary to provide the requested service or when we are legally obliged to do so;
- When we share your data, make agreements with third parties to ensure, among other things, that they are not used for other purposes;
- Take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also demand the same from parties that process personal data on behalf of us;
- Respect your right to offer, correct or delete your personal data on your request.
If you wish to contact us as a result of this privacy statement, you can do so by phone or by email. For more information see our Contact page.
Depending on the services and functionalities that you use on our websites, we may process the following personal data from you:
- company details
- e-mail address
- user name
- information that you enter in an open field, such as a forum post or a message in the contact form
- profile name or screen name
- technical measurement data of the equipment such as IP address, MAC address, identifiers in cookies and your surfing behavior on our websites
Use of personal data
When using our website/app you leave certain information with us. That may be personal data. We do not always process all of the above information. What we process depends on which options and functionalities you choose to use on our websites.
We process the above data for one or more of the following purposes (also depending on which services or functionalities you use):
- to make use of all functionalities and services on the websites.
- to process your registration for membership in our community,
- to communicate with you by sending electronic newsletters and / or mail.
- to offer you personalized content on the website of FCInet.org (see also the section on profiling).
- to send you personalized newsletters based on your interests (see also the section on profiling).
- to process your data for possible participation in events, so that we can reach you when there are announcements and changes and to improve our services.
- to answer your questions or handle your complaints, e-mail, by post or by telephone.
- to improve our websites.
Distribution to third parties
We pass on the information you provide to third parties, if this is necessary for the optimization of the website. For example, we use a third party who maintains our website.
When we provide your data to a third party, we ensure, among other things (with an agreement that is public and retrievable) that your data are not used for other purposes. We also agree that your data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer needed.
Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to other parties, unless this is legally required or permitted. For example, it is possible that the police requests information from us in the context of fraud investigations. In that case we are required by law to provide this information.
Profiling and cookies
We combine your personal data from different sources (such as the data from your account and your responses) to offer you the best online experience. In addition, we also combine these data with the data that you have left on or via this website (FCInet.org).
By combining your data from the websites of FCInet.org we can make you personalized offers (for example for events and / or newsletters) that match your interests. This prevents you from getting content that is less interesting for you. Based on this profile, we make selections at group level. However, we will never exclude you from any of our services and/or products based on this.
Protect and save
We take appropriate security measures to limit misuse and unauthorized access to your personal data. We have an Information Security Policy for this. This is how we ensure that only the necessary people have access to the data; that access to the data is protected and that our security measures are regularly checked.
We do not keep the data longer than necessary. We use a standard retention period of 2 years after deregistration. This means that we will delete your personal data 2 years after you ceased to be a member. If a different retention period applies, we will inform you accordingly.
This statement does not apply to third-party websites that are linked to our website through links. We cannot guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. Therefore, always read the privacy statement of that website before using the website in question for more information about how they handle your data.
In the event of a data breach
If there is a data breach such that your data are being distributed elsewhere on the web, we will take measures as quickly as possible. FCInet reports a data breach to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. In the event of a data breach with potentially serious adverse consequences, FCInet also reports the breach to those whose personal data have been leaked.
If you have any indications or the impression that your data have been leaked, please inform us as soon as possible. For more information on how you can get in touch with us please see our Contact page.
If you are 16 years or younger, you may only use our website under the supervision of your parents or legal representatives.
To prevent abuse, we ask that you, when submitting a written request for inspection, identify yourself adequately by sending a copy of a valid proof of identity. Do not forget to screen off your BSN and your passport photo on the copy. For example, you can use the "Copy ID" app for this. Even if you submit your application by telephone, we will have to be able to identify you on the basis of the information known to us before we will process your request.
When you submit a request for inspection, correction, modification and / or removal, we ensure that your request is processed within 4 weeks. If we are unable to complete it within this period, we will inform you accordingly.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. We will never use your data without permission for purposes other than those for which you provided them. It is advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of changes.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Of course we are happy to help you if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. Should you nevertheless be unable to work with us, you are also entitled to submit a complaint to the privacy regulator, the Dutch Data Protection Authority, based on privacy legislation. You can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority for this.
Looking for more information about the General Data Protection Regulation?
More information about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR/AVG) can be found here, among other things: Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens